The Studio

The Studio
Experience The Joy Of Painting!

Welcome

Have you had fun at a painting party? Want to further your skills? Join a weekly art class. Learn to draw, paint, and create.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Sweet Barbara

REST IN PEACE MY SWEET FRIEND (Psalm 23)

Many of my students who took lessons with me in my art gallery still remember Barbara Cox and her infectious smile and funny stories.  

I became friends with Barbara long before she took art classes with me.  When we moved here twenty-five years ago, she was the first parent that I met in Amy's new school.  Her daughter and my daughter became fast friends.  Barbara had a crazy good sense of humor and she could make you laugh no matter what the situation.  She was a one-of-a-kind person with a kind and gentle heart.

I took this photo of her on a long walk that we took down at the Chattahoochee River.  It was the same day that she told me she had adult onset Leukemia.  Barb went to M.D. Anderson Hospital in Texas for a stem cell transplant this past January.  After three intense months, she was declared Leukemia free.  Two weeks ago, she flew to Texas for a check-up.  She contracted the flu and pneumonia and went from bad to worse in their I.C.U.  

Today, on Good Friday, Barbara left this world.  She had a strong faith in a loving God.  Although she's in a far greater place, she leaves a tremendous void for those who knew and loved her.  My dear Barbara, I already miss you,  Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment