The Studio

The Studio
Experience The Joy Of Painting!

Welcome

Have you had fun at a painting party? Want to further your skills? Join a weekly art class. Learn to draw, paint, and create.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Barbara Greenwell Cox


Barbara Greenwell Cox, 67, of Milton passed away on Good Friday, April 14, 2017. She had a contagious, exuberant spirit and with all her heart loved God, life, her family and friends. - AJC - The Cox Family

Like we wear a beautiful garment that keeps us warm on a cold winter day, we wear the legacy of love left to us by our family and friends.

Already friends, Barbara Cox joined one of my original art classes that I started when I moved here twenty-four years ago.  Barbara had a crazy good sense of humor and she could make me laugh till I’d have tears.  She was a one-of-a-kind person with a kind heart who loved her family and friends with a fierce, undying love.  She was fun, zany, spontaneous, creative, and a bundle of energy. This I can tell you, Lucille Ball had nothing on Barbara Cox!

I've been going through photos I've taken of my students during the last twenty-four years. When I found these photos of Barbara, I knew I wanted to share them.  Barbara's memorial service and lunch reception for family and friends was held on Monday.  Her family had a number of her paintings lining the back wall at the luncheon.  When I saw them, my eyes welled up with tears.  I remembered each painting and the exuberance with which she created them.

Below are some photos of Barbara with her artwork and Barbara just being the awesome person she was. I loved her. I still do.

Until that sweet moment when we're reunited in the sheer bliss of heaven, I'll wear the legacy of her friendship like a beautiful garment that keeps me warm on a cold winters day. - Jill Saur
































 This blog lives at www.DailyArtClass.blogspot.com.








No comments:

Post a Comment