The Studio

The Studio
Experience The Joy Of Painting!

Welcome

Have you had fun at a painting party? Want to further your skills? Join a weekly art class. Learn to draw, paint, and create.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Choosing A Canvas Size That's In Proportion To Your Photograph

CHOOSING A CANVAS SIZE THAT'S IN 
PROPORTION TO YOUR PHOTOGRAPH


If I'm working from a photograph, I show my students how I figure what size canvas I need to make the image much larger and still be in proportion to my photo.

I put my photo in Photoshop and click on "image size".  Photoshop will tell me the current size of the image.  I'll change one of the ratio's to see what the new proportion would be, and so on.

However, most of my students don't have Photoshop.  So, I'm going to share a link with you that will help you determine the canvas size that you'll need.  This link goes to a Giclee maker.  All you need to do is key in the original size of your photo on top and then click on "Calculate".  You'll see the closest whole sizes that your photo will work on if you want to make the image larger.

I hope this helps those of you who don't have a photo program on your computer.  CLICK HERE

Happy Painting! - Jill Saur Fine Art LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment