The Studio

The Studio
Experience The Joy Of Painting!

Welcome

Have you had fun at a painting party? Want to further your skills? Join a weekly art class. Learn to draw, paint, and create.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Color To Black And White"

© 2010 Jill Saur Fine Art LLC, all rights reserved
© 2010 Jill Saur Fine Art LLC, all rights reserved

Tom and I went down to the river today for a walk.  I took my camera with the intent to capture some of my favorite trees.  This is one of my shots.  We have been talking in my classes about value.  You can see the light coming from the right, leaving the left side of the tree in the shade. This makes for an interesting subject matter.  Something you can do, is take your photo and turn it into a black and white.  If it looks good in black and white, you can be sure you have a good study for a rendition in color.  Happy Painting - Jill  Jill's Website


No comments:

Post a Comment