The Studio

The Studio
Experience The Joy Of Painting!

Welcome

Have you had fun at a painting party? Want to further your skills? Join a weekly art class. Learn to draw, paint, and create.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Michelangelo



"I saw the angel in the marble and I carved until I set him free"....Michelangelo

What a profound quote!  Michelangelo released David from the stone.  I am no Michelangelo, but I can relate to something here.  I am close to finishing a painting that I have had a vision for in my mind.  I feel like I am just painting until I set it free.  This is something to think about when you have an inspiration to paint.  Painting is like writing a song.  You feel the music when you write a song, and when you paint, you must feel what is flowing through your hand and brush onto the canvas.  Jill's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment