The Studio

The Studio
Experience The Joy Of Painting!

Welcome

Have you had fun at a painting party? Want to further your skills? Join a weekly art class. Learn to draw, paint, and create.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Painting Classes Roswell GA. - Andrew Wyeth, American Master

"Airborne" by Andrew Wyeth

Andrew Wyeth – American Master Artist  (1917-2009)

He was the quintessential example of a true American artistic genius. He was Andrew Wyeth, my favorite American Artist.  

Andrew’s disciplined artistic journey began as a young boy and his respect for the human spirit never wavered. Andrew Wyeth once said, I search for the realness, the real feeling of a subject, all the texture around it, I always want to see the third dimension of something.  I want to come alive with the object.”  Wyeth's desire was to capture a moment, not a frozen moment, but a fleeting moment. 

When you're painting from a photograph, it's important to know the difference between a frozen moment and a fleeting moment. It's the fleeting moment that's wrought with feeling!
That's why I suggest painting from your own photos.  If you take a photo of a sunrise over the ocean, you're going to remember the smell of the saltwater and the warmth of the sun on your face as it inches over the horizon.  If you're compelled to pick up your camera, it's because something grabs you that you want to remember and share with others.  That's a fleeting moment, a feeling, something you're going to remember and ultimately, something you'll be able to expressly portray through your art. Jill Saur

If you're interested in taking art classes with me, please visit my website and click on "Art Classes" on the top of the page.  I have a contact form on my website.  You're welcome to send me a message.  CLICK HERE

To sign up to receive this blog in your email, please add your email address in the box on the right.



No comments:

Post a Comment