The Studio

The Studio
Experience The Joy Of Painting!

Welcome

Have you had fun at a painting party? Want to further your skills? Join a weekly art class. Learn to draw, paint, and create.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Art Classes Roswell, GA

TWO GREAT ART TIPS

Thanks go out to two of my students who've shared two great tips with me.  I'm passing them on to you.

1.  SAVE YOUR BRUSHES!  I was getting ready to discard quite a few of my old brushes that were caked with paint from extensive use over the years.  Even though I clean them after each session, time does takes its toll.  Well, a student told me to soak my brushes in Murphy's Oil Soap overnight and it would help remove the old dried paint build up at the base of them.  It worked!!!!  I rescued about fifteen brushes!

Just soak the bristles and a touch of the holder (see photo below).  Don't immerse the wood.  After they've been soaking for twelve hours, rinse them well and clean with Palmolive Dish Detergent or brush cleaner.

BRUSHES SOAKED IN MURPHY'S OIL SOAP



2.  ART TOTE BAG:  Another student came to class with this Pittman Field Bag.  This is now made by Jerry's Artarama.  The Masterson Palette fits in a compartment under the bag!!!!  The bag is large enough to accommodate paint, brushes, palette, paper towels and lots of other things.  If you order it, be sure to just order the bag.  There is another price for the bag and a watercolor palette and that's more expensive.








To learn about taking art classes with me, please visit my website.  CLICK HERE

This blog lives at:  www.DailyArtClass.Blogspot.com