The Studio

The Studio
Experience The Joy Of Painting!

Welcome

Have you had fun at a painting party? Want to further your skills? Join a weekly art class. Learn to draw, paint, and create.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Final Result

A while back, I posted Susie's progress on her beautiful bird painting.  Here's the final result.  Below these two photos, you'll see my original post.

art classe roswell ga

                                     



Palette Preparation

I’m big on the importance of understanding color theory, but equally so, I’m really big on palette preparation before starting a painting.

I have lots of notebooks that I use to test my colors and then when I’ve decided on my palette, I keep records of the colors that I use in each painting.  It comes in handy when a collector tells me they want me to paint a landscape with the same colors in another one of my c paintings. 

I’m so proud of my students who take the time to test their colors instead of just jumping into their work, and then becoming disappointed in their results.

Below is a recipe for success. This painting is comprised of just three colors: a red, a yellow, and a blue.  You can mix just about anything from those three primary colors.  You can get beautiful grays, stunning greens, brilliant purples and so on.

I hope this helps you on your painting journey!  Want to receive my blogs in your email?  Please sign up on the right side. - Jill Saur

To inquire about taking art classes with me in the Roswell, Ga. area, please visit my website: www.JillSaur.com



art classes marietta Ga.



No comments:

Post a Comment