The Studio

The Studio
Experience The Joy Of Painting!

Welcome

Have you had fun at a painting party? Want to further your skills? Join a weekly art class. Learn to draw, paint, and create.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Painting Class - Roswell, GA


"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.  Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams

Please enjoy these beautiful works of art by my illustrious students.  I'm so proud of your accomplishments!

The following is a quote that I read to my class today regarding values in painting.  As most of you know, I'm always stressing the importance of using tonal values (light and shade) in your work.  Camille Corot, the artist and teacher, instructed Pissaro: "You are an artist, you don't need any advice save this:  You must study value above all."

Values are tones; different tonalities are achieved by the effects of light and shade.  By portraying highlights, transitional lights, core of the shadow, reflected light, and cast shadows, you are able to emulate the third dimension in your artwork.  

Happy Painting! - Jill

My website: CLICK HERE
My email:     CLICK HERE