The Studio

The Studio
Experience The Joy Of Painting!

Welcome

Have you had fun at a painting party? Want to further your skills? Join a weekly art class. Learn to draw, paint, and create.

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Seven Elements of Art by Jill Saur

THE SEVEN ELEMENTS OF ART

This watercolor painting was one of the first serious paintings that I rendered when I began to study the medium. I set up my art supplies to enhance the seven elements of art; size, shape, line, direction, texture, value, and color. I also used the principle of rabatment, a favorite of mine.

I painted this on watercolor paper that I primed with gesso. The paint doesn't soak into the paper, it actually rests on top. I also applied salt to the wet paint, causing the paint to expand around the salt, leaving the center, white.

This painting remains in my private collection, and will always remind me of first love in art, watercolor!   www.JillSaurFineArt.com


©1990-2012 Art Still Life by Jill Saur, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment