The Studio

The Studio
Experience The Joy Of Painting!

Welcome

Have you had fun at a painting party? Want to further your skills? Join a weekly art class. Learn to draw, paint, and create.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci (Upside Down)


When I was in art school, I learned an invaluable trick from one of my professors.  When I was working on a painting and wanted to really tell how it was coming along, I would turn it upside down, walk away, and study it.  My professor would say, "If it looks good upside down, then you know it will look good right side up".  If something just looked off when it was upside down, it would usually be the key area that I needed to work on when it was right-side up.

Here is one of the most recognized and beautiful paintings of all time.  Just look how exquisite Leonardo Da Vinci's painting, "The Mona Lisa", looks when she is turned upside-down!  Whether you are an artist, or a photographer, if you have not tried this when critiquing your work, I guarantee that it will help!

My website:  CLICK HERE










No comments:

Post a Comment